Before we get to know how to set up the Chromecast router? You can out our detailed review on the best router for Chromecast streaming.
How Do You Connect Chromecast to Your Computer?
The Google Chromecast device is a popular Google product that allows you to stream media to your television from your laptop, PC, phone, or another mobile device. Follow these steps to Set up the Chromecast router from your laptop or PC:
- Make sure you have the most recent version of Chrome installed.
- Select Chrome’s menu option.
- Choose “Cast” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Chromecast as your preferred casting device.
The connection should take only a few seconds if you have an updated browser and your Chromecast is set up and working properly.
Here’s more on what makes the Chromecast unique and well-suited for streaming a wide range of content, as well as how to solve the most common issues.
How do I set up Google Chromecast?
To set up a Chromecast router, follow these steps:
- Connect the Chromecast to your TV’s HDMI port if one is available.
- To download the Google Home Android or Apple app for your mobile device, laptop, or PC, go to the Chromecast setup page.
- Connect to the wireless network and start using your Chromecast by following the instructions on the television screen or on your smartphone.
Chromecast does not require any further steps to be installed on a PC. The Google Home app is easy to use and will walk you through the steps to guarantee your Chromecast is up and running straight away.
Netgear Chromecast settings. (1)
Step 1. – Using the WiFi frequency of 2,4GHz Make sure your channel number isn’t 12, 13, or 14. Chromecast will not be able to see the Wifi network if this is not done. For 2.4Ghz, you must manually configure the channel: Basic
Channel. With the aid of any Wifi analyzer program, choose any free channel..
Step 2. – enable UPnP. Advanced
turn UPnP on (tick it)
Step 3. – enable
IGMP Proxy. ADVANCED > Setup > WAN Setup > Disable IGMP Proxying (tick it off)
Step 4. Set up your Chromecast using the Google Home app. If necessary, reset Chromecast 3 to factory settings by pressing and holding a button on the oval’s edge for 10 seconds. Chromecast must be underpowered (connected to the power). The Chromecast will then reset to factory defaults after roughly a minute.